1. All active shooters shall sign in.
2. Unsafe use of firearms or unauthorized use of property is strictly prohibited.
3. All shooters shall exercise safety and courtesy on the firing line.
4. All use of alcohol or psychoactive drugs during or before use of the range is prohibited.
5. All persons shall use the rear entrances on rifle and pistol ranges.
6. All shooters are required to remove their targets and target stands from the range before leaving.
7. Ricochet items i.e. Glass, rocks etc. are not to be used as targets.
8. Unattended firearms are to be unloaded.
9. Junior shooters must be accompanied by an adult, one on one.
10. At any time when two or more shooters are on the range, one shall be designated Range Officer.
11. Ear protection is mandatory during firearm use. Eye protection is also strongly recommended.
12. Spectators must wear ear protection and remain in the designated spectator area.
13. Members are responsible for their guest's adherence to the rules.
14. Any person handling firearms in an unsafe manner can be asked to leave the range.
15. Range hours are from 09:00 am to Dusk (safe seeing conditions)
16. Any person disregarding these rules may be subject to loss of club membership.
17. Members are requested to carry a copy of these rules and must have their membership card with them while at the range.
1. The range officer has full authority to direct all range operations.
2. No person is permitted forward of the firing line until a cease fire is called and verified by the range officer and proper flag is shown.
3. Official orange vests shall designate range safety officers during organized events.
Cease Fire Procedure
1. Rifles: When a cease-fire is called all rifles shall be placed in an upright position with actions open, magazines removed and chambers clear. Semiautomatics unable to stay open must have a plug inserted into the action to hold it open.
2. Handguns: Semiautomatics shall have magazines removed, chambers clear, hammer down and holstered. Double action and single action revolvers shall have the chambers clear, hammer down and holstered.
3. There will be no handling of firearms during a cease-fire or when people are down range.
4. Any shooter on the firing line may call a cease-fire if they see an unsafe situation.
1. Flag system shall be used at al times.
2. Persons entering the premises shall install the red flag in its holder at each range visited.
3. Red flag on the outside of the range indicates RANGE IN USE
4. Red flag on the inside of a range indicates range is HOT or active.
5. Green flag on the inside of a range indicates the range is CLEAR or in a CEASE-FIRE condition.
6. An orange vest will be worn by at least one person when setting up targets beyond the 100-yard marker.
Rules for Rifle, Handgun and Muzzle Loaders
1. No shooting at range markers.
2. No shooting cross range.
3. No ammunition allowed in safe areas.
4. Targets shall be placed in the center of the shooting lanes.
5. #7 1/2 or smaller shot target loads only to be used on the trap field. No heavy field loads
6. Shooters using semi-auto firearms please use the extreme right hand shooting stations whenever possible.
7. .22 caliber rifles can be used on the outdoor pistol range. No center fire rifles and no rifle caliber pistols are to be used on the pistol ranges.
8. These rules apply to air rifles and air pistols.
9. In the event of a misfire, the shooter will keep the muzzle pointed down range for at least 60 seconds and notify the range officer.